Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How Unpoetic

Sports are usually in some shape or form on my mind. Right about now, it's March Madness that is consuming my mind and filling out my bracket, picking the right upsets and just watching the most exciting tournament in sports. That's not to mention the fact that I could win some serious money if I get lucky, so that makes it so much more exciting and I will cheer for teams in games that I would normally not care about. Money makes everything more exciting- I can definitely see how some people get addicted to the rush of gambling, because it really is some rush when you win, and even when you lose there's a rush too. This year I have Memphis going all the way, beating Tennessee in the championship game in San Antonio. I think they were clearly the best team throughout the regular season, so I think they have the best chance of winning it all, although there are plenty of teams that are capable of beating them. I chose some upsets like Purdue beating Xavier and Duke, and Kansas State with Michael Beasley overtaking O.J. Mayo and USC and Wisconsin and making it to the sweet 16. I also chose Georgetown over Kansas, Tennessee over UNC, and Villanova I have going to the sweet 16.
There is also another sport on my mind this time of year, and that is baseball. We have just started practicing in the Community Center and I'm definitely getting pumped for the season and for the Spring Trip to Florida with the team. I'm dissapointed that I can't go to Mexico, but playing baseball in Disney's very nice facilities and hanging out in hot weather sounds like a good time to me. The team is looking good this year, and I think we have a good chance at winning the conference championship. We've got a good amount of returning varsity players as well as good young players and solid players who are seniors that played j.v. last year.

No comments: